With an increasing number of cyber security threats and an estimated 1M security positions open today, the tech world is facing a crisis. To address these issues, the Consortium of Information Systems Executives (CISE) CIO group has worked with Merritt College in Oakland to develop and launch a fully accredited two-year degree program https://cisesecurity.com/
Summary of program is below:
- The CISE program at Merritt College is the only California community college that offers an Associate Degree in Information Security.
- Our success was recently showcased when students from our program recently placed 4th in the Gold Bracket (highest level) against over 175 schools in the annual national Cyber League competition.
- Courses designed and co-taught by security industry experts from leading San Francisco Bay Area companies
- Program includes “hands on” labs to develop student’s technical security skills
- Internships with San Francisco Bay Area companies to work in information security field while students study for their degree
- Class projects include forensics of a pharmaceutical organization that suffered a security breach, securing systems on Amazon Web Services, and developing Information Security strategies
- Welcome and introductions
- CISO Panel on how to address our security staffing crisis
- Keynote Speaker: Congressmen Ro Khanna from Silicon Valley
- Merritt Faculty panel on information security skills required for staff in the future
- Merritt Student panel on putting together winning team at NCL completion
- Meet students from program
You will get a chance to meet our students and talk with them firsthand about the training and solutions they would bring to your company. We are focused on placing these students with leading Silicon Valley and Bay area companies where they can apply their knowledge and training around cybersecurity. Please participate to demonstrate that your company is a great place for cyber security professionals to begin their career, your commitment to improving diversity in the workplace and to support our local community. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the event.